Clark State Forest
This range has not been reviewed yet.
Henryville, IN 47126
Range Type: Shotgun, Pistol, Rifle
Hours: Sunrise - Sunset
Days Open: Mon - Sat
Latitude: 38.53961 Longitude: -85.77304
Phone: 812 294-4306
Maximum Distance: 50 yards
Firing Points: 3
Handguns Allowed: Yes
Rifles Allowed: Yes
Range Status: Open
GUN RANGE REGULATIONS
1. You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or accompanied by an individual who is at least eighteen (18) years of age.
Note: Effective 1/1/16, every shooter 18 years of age or older will be required to have a range permit prior to using the range. Permit can be obtained in the office - prices are $5.00 for the daily permit or $25.00 for the annual permit.
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 7:30 - 3:30. Saturday permits must be purchased prior to closing on Friday.
2. You must register at Clark State Forest's main office before using the shooting range. If the office is closed, a clipboard is kept in the case that is located on the front of the office building. You may sign in and out on that clipboard. Be aware that failing to register can result in a steep fine.
3. The only targets allowed are paper. All firing must be down range with reasonable care taken to ensure that all projectiles will be stopped by the range backstop.
4. You may use no larger than size six (6) shot. Slugs are acceptable.
5. A person may not discharge a firearm using automatic fire.
6. You may not use tracer, armor-piercing, or incendiary rounds.
7. You may not play, climb, walk on, shoot into, or shoot from the side berms.
8. Clay pigeons, glass and other forms of breakable targets are not allowed on the shooting range.
9. You must dispose of the targets you use.
10. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the gun range area.
11. All firing must be done from specified firing lines or stations.
12. Never close the action on a live cartridge until the firearm is pointed directly at the backstop.
13. Do not touch the trigger until the sights are on target and you are ready to fire.
14. At all times, treat firearms, as if they are loaded.
15. At all times keep the muzzle of the firearm under control and pointed in a safe direction.
16. All barrels should be checked for obstructions before firing.
17. Never use a firearm which is malfunctioning or in need of repair.
18. Actions of uncased firearms should be kept open except when on the firing line and ready to fire.
19. All firearms will be unloaded immediately upon the command "CEASE FIRE" regardless when this command is given. Action will remain open until further commands are given.
20. Dry firing is permitted on the firing line.
21. Be sure you have ammunition of the proper size for the firearm being used.
22. Loud or abusive language will not be permitted. Directly behind the firing line, shooters and range personnel will limit their conversations to official business.
23. All shooters should police their firing point when they have completed their firing. Do not disturb shooters on adjacent points.
24. All vehicles must be parked in the parking lot. No vehicles are allowed on the shooting range.
25. The shooting range will only be used during posted hours.
26. The shooting of signs, structures or other state property is prohibited.
INFRACTIONS OF THE ABOVE REGULATIONS MAY RESULT IN A FINE
The range consists of two - 25 yard lines and 1 - 50 yard line. There are bench rests at the range. You must bring your own targets. High-powered rifles are allowed, but fully Automatic firearms are not allowed on the range.
PUBLIC USE HOURS: Sun-up until Sun-down, Monday through Saturday (Note: Monday and Friday mornings the gun range will be closed until NOON to allow for property personnel to perform cleaning and maintenance).
Depending on the firearms being used by the Law Enforcement Officers during qualifications, it is often necessary for the officers to move forward of the public's firing line. For this reason, the range is closed to the public during qualifications in order to ensure the officer's safety.
In order to avoid driving to the range only to find it closed, please phone the office before setting out - the phone number is (812)294-4306. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30-3:30.