Indian River County Public Shooting Range
This range has not been reviewed yet.
Address: 10455 102nd Terrace
Sebastian, FL 32958
Range Type: Air Rifle, Sporting Clays, Pistol, Rifle, Air Pistol, 5 Stand
Hours: 9am to 5pm
Days Open: Thursday - Monday
Latitude: 27.78312 Longitude: -80.48319
Phone: 772 581-4944
Maximum Distance: 200 yards
Firing Points: 64
Handguns Allowed: Yes
Rifles Allowed: Yes
Range Status: Open
RIFLE AND PISTOL RANGES
Adult - $8.25 + $1.00 + tax = $9.90 per day
Junior - $6.25 + $1.00 + tax = $7.76 per day
*5-Stand-$6.75 + .50 + tax = $7.76 per round (25 clays) *Available only on Saturday and Sunday
Sporting Clays - Available for special events - Contact the range for details.
Airgun Adult - $3.00 + tax = $3.21
Airgun Junior - $2.00 + tax = $2.14
Adults - $3.00 + tax = $3.21
Junior - $2.00 + tax = $2.14
Adult - $5.00 = tax = $5.35
Junior -$3.00 = tax = $3.21
ENVIRONMENTAL FEES (SEPARATE)
Rifle & Pistol $1.00 per day
Shotgun $.50 per 25 clays
*Juniors are ages 10 - 17
3/4 mile east of Interstate 95 off C.R. 512 (Exit 156 Fellsmere Rd.) Take 102nd Terrace North until you arrive at the gun range (approximately 1.5 miles).
1. ALWAYS TREAT EVERY FIREARM AS IF IT IS LOADED. Point the muzzle in a safe direction. Keep your finger off the trigger unless actually shooting. Keep the action open and gun unloaded unless actually shooting.
2. ALL FIREARMS are to be unloaded before shooters enter the range premises and must be kept open at all times EXCEPT when shooters are on the firing line. Magazines must be removed from firearms before entering range premises. Guns must be encased and unloaded, magazines removed. Guns not encased must be carried muzzles up, actions open, magazines removed.
3. No Shooters are permitted to pass through the waiting area onto the firing line unless a range officer accompanies them. While you are waiting, post your target on a cardboard backer - ONE TO A SHOOTER. Masking tape is available to you for this purpose. Range officers will assign you to a shooting position, Check your firearms for obstructions, and make a visual inspection of the gun(s) mechanism(s).
4. Hearing protection is mandatory. Eye protection is mandatory. Shooters must also wear clothing that helps protect their skin against flying particles. Open shoes (Sandals, thongs) are not permitted. Sleeveless shirts are not permitted on the range.
5. Shooters may handle firearms, go downrange to work with their targets, or begin firing only at the command of the range officers.
6. Firearms may be loaded only on the firing line and only at the command of the range officer. The muzzles of loaded firearms must always point down range. All muzzles must extend beyond the yellow line when firing. All shooters must remain behind the yellow line while the firing line is "HOT'.
7. Alcoholic beverages are forbidden on the range and range grounds. If a shooter has been drinking and, in the range officer's judgment, poses a safety hazard, that shooter will be removed from the range.
8. Pistols may not be worn holstered on the firing line.
9. Anyone with concealed firearm permits is not permitted to carry loaded or unloaded firearms on his/her person while within the range facility firing line area. All Law-Enforcement officers carrying concealed must identify themselves to the cashier and display their badges.
10. All junior shooters - ages 10-17 must shoot under DIRECT supervision of a paying adult.
11. Spectators are not permitted on the firing line.
12. Fully automatic firearms - those modified to produce rapid fire or requiting special attention - are not permitted on the range without producing original paperwork and must be shot semi-auto only. RIFLES CHAMBERED IN .50 BMG ARE PERMITTED ONLY AT THE DISCRETION OF THE RANGEMASTER, DUE TO RANGE SAFETY. All NFA Firearms Paperwork is required for Fully Automatics and NFA accessories.
13. TRACERS, ARMOR PIERCING, AND INCENDIARY AMMUNITION WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON OUR RANGES.
14. TARGETS WITH FACIAL FEATURES, EXPLODING TARGETS, OR BLEEDING TARGETS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON OUR RANGES.
15. Indian River County Public Shooting Range - including the range - is an animal sanctuary and falls under the jurisdiction of the Florida Wildlife Conservation Commission. Flora and Fauna are not to be disturbed or molested in any manner. Shooters are cautioned not to feed, harm, or try to pet any wild animal. Dogs must be kept leashed at all times.
Our range officers will be glad to answer any additional questions you might have. Your suggestions and comments on range procedures and practices are welcome. Just leave them at the Rangemaster's office following your visit. Enjoy yourself.and come back soon!