Elk Neck State Forest
This range has not been reviewed yet.
Address: 717 Irishtown Rd
North East, MD 21901
Range Type: Pistol, Rifle, Muzzleloader, Skeet
Hours: 9:00 a.m. to sunset Tuesday through Sunday. Mondays open at 1pm and will close at sunset. Ranges are open on all holidays including Mondays from 9 AM until Sunset.
Days Open: Monday - Sunday
Latitude: 39.59008 Longitude: -75.95594
Phone: 410 287-5675
Maximum Distance: 100 yards
Firing Points: 0
Handguns Allowed: Yes
Rifles Allowed: Yes
Range Status: Open
You may purchase a permit for the year at a cost of $50.00 for ages 18 to 61, $25.00 for anyone 62 or older., or you may choose to purchase a daily permit for $10.00 (under 18 years of age is Free with a paying adult). The permits may be purchased at the forest office through an honor system (cash or check). If paying with cash you must have exact amount.
Pistols and Revolvers of any type are restricted to use on the Pistol Range.
2. No automatic weapons.
3. Semi-automatic fire limited to one round per second.
4. Center of target must be minimum four (4) feet off of the ground.
5. Targets must be in direct line with the shooter to avoid cross fire and errant rounds.
6. Only paper targets may be used on pistol and rifle ranges.
7. All target stands must be removed from premises after use.
8. All hulls, brass, and spent cartridges must be picked up and removed.
9. No shot shells for patterning. Shot shells may only be used at the skeet area.
10. All targets must be free-standing. Targets must not be fastened to or leaned against baffles or support posts.
11. No shooting at baffles or supports posts.
12. A "cease fire" or line clear must be called prior to going down range. Mandatory "cease fires" will be called at 25 and 55 past each hour.
13. When shooters are down range, all firearms are to be unloaded and all breeches open. Firearms are not to be handled.
14. No loaded firearms behind or forward of shooting areas.
15. Alcohol and all other controlled dangerous substances are prohibited.
16. Pets are prohibited.
17. All shooters must have a valid range permit in possession, or have paid the daily admission.
18. Children must not be left unattended.
19. All shooting must be done in a safe manner and only at designated areas.
20. Annual Permit is valid from date of purchase through December 31 of the year issued.
21. Firearms are to remain at the firing line or in designated holders and may not be worn on person at any time on the way to or from the ranges, and during use of the ranges.
22. Clay targets are restricted to the Skeet Range.