Amelia Wildlife Management Area
This range has not been reviewed yet.
Address: Route 604
Amelia Court House, VA 23002
Range Type: Shotgun, Rifle, Muzzleloader
Hours: dawn to dusk
Days Open: Tuesday - Sunday
Latitude: 37.39098 Longitude: -77.90472
Phone: 800 237-5712
Maximum Distance: 100 yards
Firing Points: 6
Handguns Allowed: No
Rifles Allowed: Yes
Range Status: Open
Cost for the Daily Access Permit is $4.
Cost for the Annual Access Permit is $23.
Cost for the Daily Group Access Permit varies depending on size of group: 01-12 = $25; 13-24 = $50; 25-36 = $75; 37-48 = $100; 49-60 = $125.
Located between U.S. Routes 60 and 360, the Amelia Wildlife Management Area is about 25 miles southwest of Richmond and 10 miles north of Amelia Courthouse. From U.S. 60 at Flat Rock, turn south on route 622: right onto route 610; and right onto route 604 to Mason's Corner. From U. S. Route 360, turn north on Route 604.
Rules For Sighting-in Range
1. The Range Is Open For Public Use Tuesday - Sunday From September 1 - March 31. The Range Is Closed From April - August.
2. Hours Of Operation:
Closed On Mondays
September, Tuesday - Saturday 9am To 6:30pm Sunday 1pm To 6:30pm
October - January, Tuesday - Saturday 9am To 4:30pm Sunday 1pm To 4:30pm
February - March, Tuesday - Saturday 9am To 5:30pm Sunday 1pm To 5:30pm
3. Only Rifles Or Shotguns Shooting At Stationary Targets Are Allowed.
4. The Use Of Handguns, Fully-automatic Firearms, Tracers, Incendiary- Or Armor-piercing Ammunition Is Prohibited.
5. Shoot Only Through Concrete Tubes From Designated Shooting Stations.Muzzle Of Firearm Must Extend Into Tube.
6. All Firearms Must Remain Unloaded With Actions Open Until Shooter Is Seated At Firing Position. Loaded Firearms Must Remain Pointed Down Range. Muzzle Should Always Be Pointed In A Safe Direction.
7. For Your Safety, The Downrange Warning System Must Be Engaged Before Going Down Range. Verify That No Persons Are Down Range Before Disengaging Warning System.
8. The Handling Of Any Firearms Is Prohibited While Anyone Is Beyond The Firing Line.
9. All Targets Must Be Attached To Target Frames At Designated Locations On The 25, 50 Or 100 Yard Target Lines. Shooting Of Target Supports Or Posts Is Prohibited.
10. Use Paper Targets Only. Use Of Unauthorized Target Materials Such As Cans, Bottles Or Other Items Is Prohibited.
11. Shooters Must Wear Eye And Ear Protection.
12. Shooters Are Responsible For Cleaning Up All Brass, Shells And Target Materials. Keep The Range Clean And Safe By Taking Your Trash Home.
13. Organized Competitive Shooting Is Prohibited.
14. Alcohol, Narcotic Drugs Or Any Other Intoxicants Are Strictly Prohibited.
15. Please Restrict Shooting Time To 1 Hour When Others Are Waiting.
16. This Area Is Subject To Surveillance By Camera And Plain Clothes Personnel.
17. Report Violations Of Any Range Rules To 1-800-237-5712.
RULES FOR AMELIA SHOTGUN PRACTICE RANGE
1. The Range Is Open For Public Use Tuesday - Sunday From September 1 - March 31.
The Range Is Closed From April - August.
2. Hours Of Operation: Closed On Mondays
September Tuesday - Saturday 9am To 6:30pm Sunday 1pm To 6:30pm
October - January Tuesday - Saturday 9am To 4:30pm Sunday 1pm To 4:30pm
February - March Tuesday - Saturday 9am To 5:30pm Sunday 1pm To 5:30pm
3. Shotguns Only Are Permitted On The Range. Handguns Are Strictly Prohibited.
4. Maximum Shot Size Allowed Is No. 7-1/2 For Lead And No.6 For Steel Shot.
5. Use Of Buckshot And Slugs Is Strictly Prohibited.
6. Only Commercially Manufactured Clay Targets May Be Used. Other Target Materials Are Unauthorized And Shall Be Considered Litter.
7. Shooters Should Insure That Shotgun Muzzle Is Pointed In A Safe Direction At All Times And Insure That No Persons Are Downrange Before Firing Commences.
8. Shooters Should Wear Eye And Ear Protection.
9. Shooters Are Responsible For Picking Up And Packing Out Their Spent Shotgun Shells. Spent Shells Or Other Materials Left On The Range Are Considered Litter.
10. Organized Competitive Shooting Is Prohibited.
11. Alcohol, Narcotic Drugs Or Any Other Intoxicants Are Strictly Prohibited.
12. Please Restrict Shooting Time To 1 Hour When Others Are Waiting.
13. This Area Is Subject To Surveillance By Camera And Plain Clothes Personnel.
14. Report Any Violations To 1-800-237-5712.