SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 2129
97TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES PETERS (Sponsor), NEWMAN, PACE, DUNN AND PIERSON (Co-sponsors).
6387H.01I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 571, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to the protecting the second amendment act, with a penalty provision.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 571, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 571.520, to read as follows:
571.520. 1. This section shall be known and may be cited as the “Protecting the Second Amendment Act”.
2. No person residing in a city not within a county shall own, possess, manufacture, transport, repair, or sell:
(1) A shotgun;
(2) A short-barreled or sawed-off rifle;
(3) An automatic handgun; or
(4) A flamethrower. For purposes of this section, the term “flamethrower” shall mean a mechanical incendiary device designed to project a long controllable stream of fire.
3. The metropolitan police department of a city not within a county shall develop and institute a surrender process whereby the firearms prohibited in subsection 2 of this section may be surrendered to the metropolitan police department. The metropolitan police department of a city not within a county shall relinquish all firearms surrendered under this subsection to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
4. Any person violating the provisions of subsection 2 of this section shall be guilty of a class A felony.